|Welding Level 3|
|Qualification Title||SAQA ID No:||NQF level||Credit||Entry Requirement||Duration||Register Enrolment date||Last date of Enrolment|
|National Certificate: Welding Application and Practice||57886||3||151||NQF Level 2 or Equivalent||One year||2015-07-01||2019-06-30|
Purpose of qualification:
The purpose of this Qualification is to provide learners with the standards and the range of learning required to work effectively in the welding industry and to meet the challenges of such an environment.
The purpose of this Qualification is to develop learners who, after completion, demonstrate the ability to:
- Use and apply a variety of plate welding, cutting, and gouging processes according to performance standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of welding procedures and the quality of welded components.
- Maintain organizational relationships through effective communication with clients, peers and members of supervisory/management levels.
- Range: Maintaining effective relationships; verbal and written reporting; exploring options for further learning.
This Qualification requires that learners apply intermediate level welding practice and theoretical knowledge, within any of the following environments:
- Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Chemical Plant Installations.
- Food Processing Plant Installations.
- Building and Construction.
- This qualification may be applied in other relevant engineering environments.
Qualifying learners will also understand:
The basics of business finance.
- The investigation and monitoring of the financial aspects of personal, business and national issues.
- Effective communication techniques (oral and written) when dealing with clients and fellow workers, while participating in workplace activities.
- Applicable numeracy skills at this level.
- Managing work-time effectively (Productivity).