|Professional Driving level 3|
|Qualification Title||SAQA ID No:||NQF level||Credit||Entry Requirement||Duration||Register Enrolment date||Last date of Enrolment|
|National Certificate: Professional Driving||50285||3||122||NQF Level 2 or Equivalent||One Year||2015-07-01||2019-06-30|
Purpose of qualification:
The purpose of the qualification is to ensure competent professional driving competence in the road transport sector, thus improving earning capacity of professional drivers as well as transport sector professionalism and economic growth. The qualification is set to create an environment for growth and development of learners, by improving the employment prospects and marketable competence of drivers, and accelerating the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities. By setting the minimum standards contained in this qualification, professional driving education and training will also improve.
The professional status of drivers of commercial vehicles will be enhanced by awarding a formal qualification in recognition of their professional competence. This qualification is designed to allow maximum access to, mobility and progression within education and training, and within a career path in the transport sector. Competence achieved in this qualification provides building blocks towards NQF level 4 qualifications, and the inclusion of communication and language, and mathematic literacy requirements contributes to learner development beyond simply the requirements for professional driving.
Qualified learners are capable of:
- Obtaining and communicating road transport operational information.
- Assessing loads against given permissible load requirements.
- Planning road transport service delivery that meets specified requirements.
- Driving a vehicle conveying a specific freight commodity or category of passengers.Qualified learners also elect to achieve at least one of the following specialisations:
- Using computerised spreadsheets and word processing.
- Planning the establishment of a small business according to relevant business principles.
- Conducting vehicle maintenance according to specified procedures.
- Operating lifting equipment according to specified procedures