|Production Technology Level 4|
|Qualification Title||SAQA ID No:||NQF level||Credit||Entry Requirement||Duration||Register Enrolment date||Last date of Enrolment|
|Further Education and Training Certificate: Production Technology||58779||4||143||NQF Level 3 or Equivalent||One year||2015-07-01||2020-06-30|
Purpose of qualification:
The combination of learning outcomes that comprise this qualification will provide the qualifying learner with vocational knowledge and skills appropriate to the context of production technology. This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
The qualifying learner will be able to:
- Measure, control and improve factors influencing productivity.
- Contribute to budgeting processes in an operational unit to optimise resources.
- Solve operational problems in a production process.
- Promote, implement and maintain procedures that support quality assurance and control.
- As a result of an increased need for efficient and quality production processes in the manufacturing, engineering and technology field, the demand for production technology competencies has become more evident.
- This qualification will facilitate the formalising, recognition and strengthening of a historically neglected discipline that will be able to contribute towards an efficient, effective, healthy, safe and productive manufacturing, engineering and technology environments, through encompassing applied knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.