|Production Technology Level 3|
|Qualification Title||SAQA ID No:||NQF level||Credit||Entry Requirement||Duration||Register Enrolment date||Last date of Enrolment|
|National Certificate: Production Technology||58785||3||120||NQF Level 2 or Equivalent||One Year||2015-07-01||2019-06-30|
Purpose of qualification:
The combination of learning outcomes that comprise this qualification will provide the qualifying learner with vocational knowledge and skills appropriate to the context of production technology.
This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
The qualifying learner will be able to:
- Perform production maintenance activities and report irregularities within organisational structures.
- Apply the fundamental concepts, theories and techniques of production systems.
- Apply the fundamental concepts relating to production planning, scheduling and control.
- Apply quality control and quality assurance practices for efficient and effective production processes.
- Communicate effectively as a member of a team.