|Production Technology Level 2|
|Qualification Title||SAQA ID No:||NQF level||Credit||Entry Requirement||Duration||Register Enrolment date||Last date of Enrolment|
|National Certificate: production Technology||58781||2||125||NQF Level 1 or Equivalent||One Year||2015-07-01||2019-06-30|
Purpose of qualification:
The combination of learning outcomes that comprise this qualification will provide the qualifying learner with vocational knowledge and skills appropriate to the context of production technology.
This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
The qualifying learner will be able to:
- Communicate production and manufacturing related operational information to a variety of end users
- Optimise organisational structures, functions and processes in order to contribute to achieving production specifications
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment through contributions made to production activities individually and in working groups
- Demonstrate an understanding of production technology practices, terminology and systems as applied in manufacturing, engineering and technology
- Apply quality standards and procedures in production activities